I am not a baker and I don’t even have an oven. But I have all the ingredients I need to make lactation cookies or brownies. So I decided to make some that do not require any baking. And this are really easy, money saving and milk boosting delicacies!
No Bake Lactation Balls
– 1 cup of oats (rolled or instant)*
– 1/2 cup ground flaxseed*
– 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder*
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1/2 cup butter (I’ll explain why I used butter and sugar)
– 2 tsp sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
*optional: crushed almonds, chia seeds
1) Put in all the dry ingredients(*) in a bowl and stir to mix them well.
2) Melt the butter and add in sugar when the butter is 3/4 melted. Stir well and remove from heat.
3) Add the peanut butter into the bowl of dry ingredients, pour in the melted butter and vanilla.
4) Mix everything well and roll them into balls. Arrange them neatly on a big plate or a tray and let them cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The longer you keep, the firmer they get 😉.
Ok! Now the part where I need to explain about the butter sugar thing. I am not a sweet tooth person so I used dark cocoa. You may wanna get sweetened cocoa powder. And the butter is to actually replace honey (too sweet for me), that really can stick them balls together! But since I don’t use honey, I melt some butter. This works, too. The sugar? Well, just to give it a nice taste. HAHAH! If you wanna use honey, you can opt butter sugar out and just use 1/2 cup of honey. Oh yea, the peanut butter is also for making the ingredients sticking together and making the balls thicker.
If you wanna get more supply, you can also add a teaspoon of ground fenugreek. I don’t put it in because I’m done with smelling like maple syrup. Not that I hate it. The smell makes me crave for pancakes!!!
Alrightey then, I gotta feed my chunky boy. Happy (non)baking!
Days of the Month
What I Have Written
- 55,884 views